Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Can't Save 'em All...

A little girl died last Christmas night in Milwaukee. According to news reports, her mother drank a half can of Blast by Colt 45 and tried to drive. Unfortunately, she slammed into the back of a truck trailer killing one daughter and critically injuring another.


http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/136928403.html



Most people know about the fight I had with Pabst, the makers of Blast by Colt 45, last year. Besides my argument that a Snoop Dog endorsement would attract young drinkers, there was was also the issue that the "Kool Aid flavor" would mask the 12% alcohol content making the drinker oblivious to the fact that he/ or she was intoxicated.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8030929


So, I can't really say that I didn't see this coming.

But the question that has me up at 3AM is, did I really do enough to stop it.

Yeah, I went to the press, tried to get anti-drunk driving groups involved, (to no avail) got some stores in my neck of the woods to pull the poison and even chased the Blast promo truck out of my 'hood.

But apparently that was not enough.

There were numerous news stories that 18 attorneys general across were going to do something but besides a good feel good PR moment,after the initial media buzz died down, nothing happened, Not sure, but I kinda think that an alleged leaked letter to the AG's from the Pabst camp that warned them about associating with radicals like myself may have had a little to do with it.

But whatever the case, a little girl is dead and a family is in ruins.

And I sit here kickin' my self thinking about what more I coulda, shoulda done...

I remember something my late Pops told me a decade ago when I was on some crusade to save our youth from the thousands of issues they must face in this cruel, cold world.

"You can't save 'em all ,son"

Yeah, but I can try Dad. I can try....




Paul Scott No Warning Shots Fired.com