Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cut the Bull: Response to Barry Saunder's Column

Just read News and Observer's star columnist, Barry Saunders, piece about the NAACP forum last Monday. Yeah, he referred to me as a "no shot" candidate.

Councilman Thomas Stith has raised over $100,000 and with today's Mayor Bill Bell/Barak Obama connection. I definately am the underdog, to put it mildly.

But the kick in the teeth is that Saunder's story is my first "real" mention in the metro News and Observer in about two years. Not to mention the virtual "blackout" of my campaign by the paper. Not that the N@O is known for covering too much in Durham that doesn't include dead bodies and bloodshed...If I put on a red and blue bandana, pull my pants down and start callin' myself Killa P-Dog, maybe I would at least get an honorable mention...

However, that ain't as bad as WRAL virtually yankin' my mic out of the speaker at the NAACP debate. While Bell and Stith were able to wax poetic about their visions for Durham, WRAL just briefly showed me moving my mouth. (Guess the camera man couldn't find a way to block me out of the shot since I was sitting in the middle so he did the next best thing; cut the sound.

But it ain't over 'till it's over..Never under estimate the "none of the above vote."

But back to Saunders...Ya know, I ain't really a politician, I'm a writer...

And Saunders strikes me as a gamblin' man, so let's do this...

We have an old fashion rap....I mean writer's battle...Saunder's column vs No Warning Shots Fired.com ...Old School vs New School...Corporate vs Underground...and if I win I get his spot at the News and Observer...

It'll be fun. Kinda like Kanye West versus Wonder Mike from the Sugarhill Gang....

OK , I'll kick it off with a KRS One lyric:

Ya know what ya need to learn
Ol' school writers don't always burn
You're just another writer who's had his turn
Now it's my turn!